Thursday, August 4, 2011

. . . Paint Chip Placecards . . .

I love hosting a party or dinner and having the opportunity to make unique placecards.  I figured for a colorful table why not give paint chips a try.  They are free and fun to use in projects and this one turned out great. 


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • 
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •  
You will need:
Paint Chips
Clips with the black base
Scissors
Sharpie Marker
 
Take a long thin paint chip and fold it in half.  Cut it while folded--I cut mine to be 2.5 inches.

Use your Sharpie Marker and print the guest's name on the
paint chip-towards the top so the clip won't cover it up.
Use a small piece of the chip you cut off and cover the base of your black clip. 
I used a dab of glue to hold it in place but even a piece of double sided tape will work.

Slide your folded paint chip down in the clip using the black part as your base.

Place the cards where your guest's will sit and you have a fun tablesetting.

Unique and Fun!


Linking here:

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lindy-

    Love this idea. It is so do-able and colorful too. I pinned it! Can't wait to try it.

    My best- Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Again Lindy-

    I added this to my DIY Daily page. It is my very own linky where I add creative ideas I see on blogs. I treat it like my own Pinterest. Readers can click to find out more and will come to your post.

    My best-
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love paint chips & I LOVE this adorable idea. If you'd like to link it up to my party, I'll feature it in my favoriteds when I return from my trip.

    http://michellelunt.blogspot.com/2011/08/fabulous-friday-linky-party-6.html

    Warmly, MIchelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, LOVE this idea!! :-) I re-posted on Facebook as my Daily Duh with a link to your site.

    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, LOVE this idea!! :-) It's awesome! I re-posted as my Daily Duh on Facebook and included a link to your blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!