Wednesday, May 25, 2011

. . . Cookie Time Tuesday . . .

I apologize for the delay in posting Cookie Time Tuesday Wednesday.  It was such a whirlwind day yesterday and I thought I was going to have plenty of time to post and before I knew it the day was over.

This cookie may not seem all that unusual or all that great but let me tell you they are awesome!  I have always loved Oatmeal Raisin cookies but never make them and the other day I was really craving the taste for one.  I started hopping around for a really great recipe and found one at Smitten Kitchen--a fantastic Blog--and I adapted it to my tastes.  This cookie reminds me of a granola cookie or a breakfast cookie.  The right amount of chewy and the right amount of sweet.  I think you will really enjoy it!  The original recipe didn't have chocolate chips but a girl has to have some chocolate so I added chocolate chips and I changed the walnuts to pecans. 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


Print recipe HERE

You will need:
1/2 cup (1 stick or 4 ounces) butter, softened
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned)
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
1 cup Chocolate Chips (optional)

• Gather your ingredients--I like to get everything measured out
before I start the recipe because it just makes things easier.
• Cream the butter, brown sugar, vanilla and egg together until smooth
•  Combine your dry ingredients and sift together. 
Then add the mixture to the butter mixture and combine well
• Time to add the yummy goodness of the oats, raisins, chocolate chips and pecans

•  The finished cookie dough is thick and chunky
•  Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a Silpat or Parchment Paper lined baking sheet
•  Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes and let rest on the cookie sheet for a few minutes
•  Trasnfer to a cooling rack and cool completely


How can you go wrong with a cookie that looks like this?

1 comment:

  1. Let me tell everyone out there that these really are GREAT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!