Tuesday, April 26, 2011

. . . Cookie Time Tuesday . . .

White Chocolate Macademia Nut Cookies

My husband is a huge fan of Macademia Nuts and his favorite cookie has always been the White Chocolate Macademia Nut but I never make them.  I found this recipe over on For The Love Of Cooking Blog and knew I had to give it a try!  This just might be the new favorite recipe around here.  I say that almost every week but this recipe is a real WINNER!  It is moist and chewy and has a great thickness to it.  It doesn't go flat after being out of the oven which is nice for presentation!



Print Recipe HERE

You will need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups (chopped, if needed) macadamia nuts
2 cups white chocolate chips


• Gather your ingredients
• Beat Butter , Sugars and 1 Egg and 1 Egg yolk together
• Add the Flour Mixture to the butter mixture
• Mix well


• Add chopped Macadamia Nuts (I used my mini chopper to do them)
• Add the White Chocolate Chips
• Mix by hand instead of with a mixer
• Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a Parchment Paper lined cookie sheet


• Bake for 12 to 15 minutes (I found that 13 minutes was perfect in my oven)
• Let cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes
• Move to a wire cooling rack to cool completely
• They are so chunky and moist


YUMMY!!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you liked them - yours look really delicious! Thank you for the shout out and link back to my site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you--a favorite cookie, but I never have made them. Yours look so good. I hopped over to the Google doc, too--I didn't realize I could do that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!