Sunday, December 19, 2010

Melting Snowman Cookies

I have been very busy making Melting Snowman Cookies for my son's 2nd grade class.  I always make a special treat for him to give his classmates at the holidays and this year I couldn't resist these adorable cookies.  I love how they turned out. 
To Make these cookies:
Make a basic cut out cookie recipe or even purchase a mix and make them as instructed.  Cut them in circles by using a cirlce cutter or use a glass to create the circle.  Bake as recipe calls for.

To Frost:
Let the cookies cool.  Make a batch of royal frosting: 4 Cups of Powdered Sugar, 3 Egg whites, 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar--mix well with electric mixer.  Frost your cookies so that the icing appears to be "running" over the edges of the cookies.  Do about 6 at a time and while you frost them microwave 6 large marshmallows on a cooking spray covered plate for 25 seconds.  Once the marshmallows are finished spray your hands with cooking spray and place the melted marshmallow on the cookie.  Add brown or black sprinkles to make eyes and the buttons and use an orange sprinkle for the nose.  I used tweezers to place them to make it easier.  Let dry out and then package.


Give to your friends and family and listen to the ooos and ahhs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to say "Hi". I love getting your comments.

If you like my what you see here I'd love for you to become a {Follower} so you can join in on the fun. Also join me on Facebook and Instagram!